Saturday 1 June 2013

Hi folks, I hope you are enjoying the sunshine.
Well I've been playing with alcohol inks- and do you know I think they are really under used. They are really versatile and make a quick card- something I wouldn't normally make!



Here are some pictures of cards made at recent classes using

 Alcohol inks onto acetate.












 
Here are two cards made by Jenny, a variation of the one above- what do you think? Alcohol inks rule!
 


 



1.Stamp the flower image onto the acetate with stayzon ink.(carefully as stamping onto acetate can be slippery and tricky)
 
2.Turn the acetate over and colour with alcohol inks like paint, allow to dry.
 
3. Paint over the top of the coloured image carefully with Gesso, (or white acrylic paint),
also paint around the acetate edge to give it a border  this will highlight the image.
 
4.Mount the image onto a piece of text cardstock, the one used is from "7 gypsies conservatory"
 
5. mount onto a 5x5 card blank.
Jenny has added a pink ribbon, greeting and pink pearls. Stunning- what do you think?!
 
Honestly, please try alcohol inks, if like many people,  you have bought them and don't use them- get them out and play!!
 
 

Here are some cards using

alcohol inks and the pouncing technique onto white glossy card.


 




 

 

Now, a couple of snaps of my boys Brian and Darcy "helping me get ready" for classes. Aren't they gorgeous! 

 

 

Im off now to make some future samples for classes- I've run out of powertex, so  I cannot continue with my sculptures. (horror)!
Bye for now!
Alli
 

 

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful cats,Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cats. I am so cheesed off I had to miss the Tuesday class looking at the painting on acetate with alcohol inks using gesso two things I love using. The cards made look great. Love D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, we all missed you! Its typical isn't it!! Hope you are a little better.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am fine now Alli looking forward to next Tuesday. Have you decided what we are going to do. Love Dx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'd love to hear what you think.